Sunday, August 16, 2009

Battered Women

The first time my husband of 24 years hit me, we had been married 8 days. He hit me in the face so hard I fell half way across out bed. He hit me because I cussed him. I never cussed him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I never believed I was capable of cheating. I never believed there was anyone out there who would be interested in me because I was overweight. I've never felt pretty at all. The he came along. He started spending a lot of the night talking to me on my 3rd shift job. Eventually we began going to breakfast every morning when I got off.

We had both been in law enforcement in our pasts. We talked about our experiences there. He loved hearing my "war stories". When I was working there my husband never wanted to hear my stories. Here was this handsome guy, 4 years my junior, and he was really interested in me. That is how the whole thing began.

1 comment:

Aura said...

Hi, I found your blog through http://thehappyhospitalist.blogspot.com/2009/08/lifetime-of-regrets.html
Just wanted to let you know that people are reading and please continue your story!