Friday, August 14, 2009

I Won the Battle & Lost the War

Years ago, I led a fairy tale life. I was a housewife. I raised our children. I was the class mother and baked the cupcakes and chaperoned on the field trips.

I was a foster mother to several children over the years and took in any stray that happened by our property.

I cooked three square meals a day and washed and ironed and kept a spotless home.

I married way too young. I was 15. Even though we were young, we still did pretty well for ourselves. By the end of our 24 year marriage, we had a small farm. It was almost paid for the day I left.

I'm no longer sure why I left. Before "him" we were doing okay. Our kids were older, one was already gone and out on her own. We were just about to that time when we'd be "free" and could do some things we want to do.

Yes, before I got the job, and met him, things were good as far as I knew.

No comments: